15 December 2017

Administrivium: Reconciling the numbers

3501/A.
So, I just discovered a thing. My blog entry serial numbering is off by 44.

I take, as many things in my life, a laissez faire attitude toward organization. I've had this blog for an awufully long time. And today, while doing some house cleaning, it finally dawned on me that the total of 3544 included 44 drafts that not only weren't published, but at zero characters, clearly, were never going to be.

I love serial-numbering my posts. My diary is the same way. And, over the course of more than 3,500 individual posts is not that many, but I am obsessive enough over this to want that to be on point.

So, for the next 43 entries, there will be a '/A' affix to the serial number, to represent the posts of the overlap. Because I am not, and I repeat not, going to go over all 3500 posts to see where I went wrong.

That's the way it is.

No comments: